Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has told Football.London that Leeds United will clinch promotion to the Premier League.
Arteta has spoken highly of Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa, and has raved about the style that the West Yorkshire outfit play with.
Arteta told Football.London when asked if he expects to see Leeds in the Premier League next season: “I do, yes. The way they play, the manner they behave, I follow their coach for a long time and I know how tough it will be to play against them.”
Leeds finished third in the Championship last season and failed in the semi-final playoffs.
The Whites, though, are aiming for automatic promotion to the Premier League this season and are doing extremely well at the moment.
Bielsa’s side are at the top of the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 26 matches, level on points with second-placed West Bromwich Albion.
As for Arsenal, the Gunners are aiming to finish in the top four of the Premier League table this season.
The North London outfit are 10th in the league table at the moment with 27 points from 21 matches, as many as nine points behind London rivals and fourth-placed Chelsea.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups