Michael Owen has tipped Harry Kane to remain with Tottenham Hotspur for his entire career.
The 27-year-old has established himself as one of the finest English footballers of the current generation, boasting two Premier League Golden Boot awards and 201 goals from 301 games for Tottenham.
The one thing which has eluded Kane is a piece of major silverware. He has not won a major trophy since first being introduced into the Spurs first-team in 2009.
Tottenham has also not won a major trophy since it claimed the League Cup in 2008.
Some feel that Kane will have to leave the Lilywhites in the near future if they do not win a trophy soon. He is now at the peak of his powers and will not get any better as a player.
“I can’t really see it no,” Owen said to TalkSport when asked about whether he can see Kane leaving Spurs.
“To buy him, I’m a huge Harry Kane fan, you’re talking massive, massive money. He’s in the absolute prime, most people are looking to spend £100million on 20-year-olds, 21-year-olds. There might be teams desperate for a striker. Realistically I’d say he’s a Tottenham player for life.”
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups