Michael Owen has predicted on Betvictor.com that Tottenham Hotspur will get knocked out of the Champions League this week.
The former Liverpool and Manchester United striker believes that Tottenham will suffer a 2-0 loss at the hands of RB Leipzig away from home in the second leg of their Round of 16 tie on Tuesday evening.
Spurs lost the first leg of the tie 1-0 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
Owen wrote on Betvictor.com: “Hit by injuries and low on confidence, it’s been a difficult spell for Spurs recently.
“RB Leipzig won the first leg thanks to a Timo Werner penalty at Tottenham and they now have home advantage. I’m going for RB Leipzig to compound Tottenham’s bad run with a 2-0 victory.”
Hard to progress
With Tottenham suffering from serious injuries and star striker Harry Kane on the sidelines, it is going to be an uphill struggle for Jose Mourinho’s side to win in Germany.
Leipzig are a very strong side who are doing well in the Bundesliga, and having won the first leg in England, they will head into the second leg as favourites.
However, if Tottenham keep it tight at the back and score the opening goal, then they will give themselves a chance.
If Leipzig score first, then it is hard to see Tottenham score twice in reply to go through to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups