Marseille manager Andre Vilas-Boas has admitted that his club have received interest from Aston Villa for midfielder Morgan Sanson.
“We had a very, very weak offer from Aston Villa, which we turned down. It was pathetic. I hope that he continues to remain professional,” said Vilas-Boas as per French source Get French Football News.
Villa have been tipped to sign the 26-year-old who has been impressive in Ligue 1 this season. He has chipped in with two goals and three league assists for Marseille.
Dean Smith’s side have improved immeasurably this season. After narrowly avoiding relegation last season, they look set for a solid finish in the top half of the standings this season and can even challenge for a Europa League finish if they remain consistent.
Marseille may sell Sanson if they receive an improved offer as several French clubs have suffered huge financial setbacks due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet