Marseille manager Andre Vilas-Boas has admitted that his club have received interest from Aston Villa for midfielder Morgan Sanson.
“We had a very, very weak offer from Aston Villa, which we turned down. It was pathetic. I hope that he continues to remain professional,” said Vilas-Boas as per French source Get French Football News.
Villa have been tipped to sign the 26-year-old who has been impressive in Ligue 1 this season. He has chipped in with two goals and three league assists for Marseille.
Dean Smith’s side have improved immeasurably this season. After narrowly avoiding relegation last season, they look set for a solid finish in the top half of the standings this season and can even challenge for a Europa League finish if they remain consistent.
Marseille may sell Sanson if they receive an improved offer as several French clubs have suffered huge financial setbacks due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager