Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa has told Leeds Live that Eddie Nketiah is going back to his parent club Arsenal.
Bielsa made the comments following Leeds’s 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion away from home at The Hawthorns in the Championship on Wednesday evening.
The 20-year-old striker started the match, but the England Under-21 international was taken off at half time.
Leeds head coach Bielsa has said that Arsenal have decided to recall Nketiah from his loan spell at the West Yorkshire outfit.
The youngster joined Leeds on a season-long loan deal from Premier League outfit Arsenal in the summer transfer window.
Bielsa told Leeds Live: “Arsenal tell us he’s not going to continue. We are sorry for that.”
The Leeds head coach added: “He had very good behaviour. A gentleman in every sense. We are grateful with him. Also to his family and his club.
“They developed Eddie with a very good education. For this reason it’s a pity he leaves us because we were happy with him.”
Good decision from Arsenal?
True, there have been injury concerns for Nketiah, but the fact of the matter is that the young striker has simply not played enough matches for Arsenal to think that he will make progress at Elland Road.
According to WhoScored, the striker has made only two starts and 15 substitute appearances in the Championship for Leeds this season – a total of 500 minutes in which he has scored three goals.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups