Manchester United will face West Ham United in the matchday 37 clash in the English Premier League at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
The home team will come in the match relatively low-on-confidence after suffering a demoralising 3-1 defeat against Chelsea in their previous outing in the FA Cup semifinal.
However, United’s league form is nearly perfect since the return of football after the coronavirus break, which will give manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a lot of hope going into the encounter against the Hammers.
As things stand, United are in touching distance of securing a top-four spot as they are placed on the fifth position of the league table with 62 points, equal on points with fourth-placed Leicester City having played a game less.
In the previous outing against West Ham earlier in the campaign, the Manchester-based club suffered a shock 2-0 defeat back in September 2019.
On the team news front, as per BBC Sport, United are facing just a single injury concern with defender Eric Bailly looking unlikely to play the game after suffering a head injury in the FA Cup semifinal against the Blues.
Other than that, United manager Solskjaer is under increasing pressure to drop first-choice goalkeeper David de Gea, who had a horrid outing in the game against Chelsea.
Three points against West Ham would leave the Red Devils in a dominant position going into the last day of the season, where they will face top-four rivals Leicester.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills