Belgian giants Anderlecht are chasing a potential loan deal for Manchester City youngster Liam Delap, according to Belgian outlet Walfoot.
After breaking into the City senior team last season, the youngster has gone on to make one Premier League appearance. The teenager has very little chance of getting regular game time with the City senior team if he stays with the club next season and so should ideally be sent out on loan in order to gain more experience while also ironing out the errors in his game.
Lukas Nmecha enjoyed success during his loan spell with Anderlecht from City last season and so the Cityzens could be tempted to also sanction a loan deal for Delap to the Belgian giants.
The only obstacle that could lie in the way of a loan deal happening is if City fail to bolster their striker options ahead of the new season.
The departure of Cityzens club legend Sergio Aguero at the end of last season means that Gabriel Jesus is the only recognized striker within Pep Guardiola’s setup.
The reigning Premier League champions are linked with a potential deal for Harry Kane but should they fail to sign a new experienced striker, it is easy to see them potentially keeping Delap within the senior team as cover for Jesus.
However, the best option for all parties concerned is for Delap to be sent on loan to Anderlecht. By joining the Belgian outfit, he will also be playing under the management of City club legend Vincent Kompany.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet