Cristiano Ronaldo is interested in joining Manchester City, according to French outlet L’Equipe.
The 36-year-old wants to embark on a new challenge to try and win more Ballon d’Or titles.
Ronaldo is eager to leave Juventus and asked to be benched for their Serie A opener against Udinese last weekend.
Given that Ronaldo has only a year left on his contract in Turin, it’s hard to see Juventus turning down an offer for him.
They would be better off selling him now than risk losing him for free at the end of next season.
However, this is a deal that City must shy away from.
While Ronaldo is still capable of shining in the Premier League, his presence at City could upset the dressing room.
Given his age, Ronaldo is not a player who will offer the Cityzens long-term value, given he is nearing the end of his career.
City are also well equipped in attack and only really need to add a striker to their squad to complete the jigsaw.
They would be better off focusing their efforts on signing Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane to resolve that issue.
While the false nine system City used for much of last season worked, a specialist number nine would add value to the squad.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet