Cristiano Ronaldo is interested in joining Manchester City, according to French outlet L’Equipe.
The 36-year-old wants to embark on a new challenge to try and win more Ballon d’Or titles.
Ronaldo is eager to leave Juventus and asked to be benched for their Serie A opener against Udinese last weekend.
Given that Ronaldo has only a year left on his contract in Turin, it’s hard to see Juventus turning down an offer for him.
They would be better off selling him now than risk losing him for free at the end of next season.
However, this is a deal that City must shy away from.
While Ronaldo is still capable of shining in the Premier League, his presence at City could upset the dressing room.
Given his age, Ronaldo is not a player who will offer the Cityzens long-term value, given he is nearing the end of his career.
City are also well equipped in attack and only really need to add a striker to their squad to complete the jigsaw.
They would be better off focusing their efforts on signing Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane to resolve that issue.
While the false nine system City used for much of last season worked, a specialist number nine would add value to the squad.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself