Manchester United are due to play against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a FA Cup third round replay at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Red Devils side will be looking to win the game and progress to the next round.
United have been underwhelming in the league this season and a victory will give them much-needed confidence ahead of their big Premier League game against Liverpool during the upcoming weekend.
Many sides in the league use the FA Cup as an opportunity to test fringe players.
United can ill-afford to take any chances against Wolves. Nuno’s side are very much capable of beating the Red Devils when on song.
The first game between the two sides at Molineux ended goalless, prompting the replay.
Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay are set to miss the clash, according to Squawka.
The report added that Mason Greenwood, Daniel James and Angel Gomes will all be pushing for starts.
United will be expected to use Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire in the heart of their defence whilst the out-of-form Luke Shaw could also be set to be handed a start.
The two sides have had very closely fought games recently and Wednesday’s game promises to be the same way.
United will be the slight favourites heading into the game due to their home advantage.
It would however not be shocking nor a surprise if Nuno’s side do manage victory.
Wolves will certainly go into the encounter firmly believing that they can win. They may even do that if Solskjaer’ side make errors.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City