Manchester United are due to play in a FA Cup fourth clash against Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park on Sunday.
The Red Devils will be the firm favourites to win the game. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can ill-afford for his side to be upset during the game as it could lead for the calls for him to be sacked to intensify.
United will have to make do without the services of Axel Tuanzebe, who is set to only return until after the winter break, according to Sky Sports.
The report further claimed that Scott McTominay (knee injury), Paul Pogba (ankle injury), Marcus Rashford (back injury) and Marcos Rojo will miss the game.
United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah is stepping up his fitness and it remains to be seen whether he will play a role during the game.
Sunday’s game will mark the first FA Cup game between the two teams.
United did previously play against Tranmere during the 1976/77 League Cup second round, winning 5-0 at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have a good recent record in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
They have won 14 out of their previous 15 ties at this stage of the competition with the exception being a 2-1 defeat against Liverpool during the 2011/12 season.
For Tranmere, this is the first time that they have reached the fourth round of the competition since the 2003/04 season.
Even though United will be firm favourites, Tranmere will be under less pressure, something which could work to their advantage.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups