Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has given an injury update on four players before the Premier League champions’ match against Sheffield United on Tuesday night.
The Citzens will be hoping to return to winning ways after a 2-2 draw at home to Crystal Palace at the weekend and hence falling further back as leaders Liverpool continue winning.
The City has good news on Aymeric Laporte’s injury, with the defender nearing full recovery after the knee injury that has kept him out of the game since August.
However, there are doubts regarding the fitness of John Stones and Benjamin Mendy before City’s trip to Bramall Lane this week.
Both City players featured in the draw with Roy Hodgson’s side at the Etihad where Sergio Aguero struck twice but failed to take full points for his team.
Stones is currently battling a leg injury while Mendy is suffering from fatigue having made three consecutive appearances for the first time since October.
“John had a problem in the leg with his last action, Mendy has a bit of muscular fatigue from the last game,” Guardiola told the media, as per the Manchester Evening News.
On Laporte’s fitness, he said that the centre-back is making progress every day but doesn’t know when he will be fully recovered.
City need a minor miracle to have any chance of retaining their title and must get back to winning ways on Tuesday.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet