Tottenham Hotspur’s hopes of signing former star Gareth Bale from Real Madrid have been dashed by manager Zinedine Zidane.
The flying winger Wales international left Spurs to join the Spanish giants in 2013 but has had an up-and-down time of it in Santiago Bernabeu over seven years.
Tottenham have been linked with a move for Bale during the January transfer but Zidane has rubbished the speculation as untrue.
“Gareth is here with us and I am counting on him. I am not contemplating this possibility,” he told Sky Sports.
“I won’t comment on made up stories.”
Tottenham have issues in the final third currently as Harry Kane is currently unavailable after picking up a serious hamstring injury against Southampton on New Year’s DAy.
The potential return of Bale would be an exciting prospect for the majority of the Spurs fans, who witnessed the Welshman evolve from an exciting talent into a world-class star during his time in North London.
However, despite Tottenahm’s need for attacking reinforcements, the Lilywhites will need to assess other targets in the final 12 hours of the transfer window as a sensational Bale return appears to be off the cards.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups