Liverpool will face Southampton on the matchday 25 in the English Premier League at the Anfield on Saturday.
The Reds are coming into the match as a firm favourites as they are the most in-form team in the country and are currently placed on the top of the league table with 70 points after 24 matches, 19 ahead of second-placed Manchester City.
The current European champions are unbeaten in the league competition and Liverpool have won all of their last 10 matches.
Therefore, Reds manager Jurgen Klopp will be quite optimistic about his team’s chances in the match against an opposition, who are currently placed on the ninth position of the league table with 31 points.
On the team news front as per BBC Sport, Liverpool will miss star attacker Sadio Mane, who will not take part in the match against his former club due to a muscle tear.
Other than Mane, winger Xherdan Shaqiri and veteran midfielder James Milner are also set to miss the match on Saturday.
However, Klopp will have Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana and striker Divock Origi available for the selection in the match against the Saints.
In the previous meeting between both teams earlier in the league campaign in August 2019, it was Liverpool who came out on top with a 2-1 score.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager