Newly crowned Premier League winners Liverpool will face off against 10th place Burnley at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.
The Reds will be aiming to beat Manchester City’s record all-time points tally of 100 (set during the 2017/18 season). They require another eight points from four games.
This will be Liverpool’s penultimate home game of the 2019/20 season. They will have to make do without the services of club captain Jordan Henderson, according to the club’s official website.
The 30-year-old sustained an injury during the midweek victory over Brighton and Hove Albion and is set to miss the rest of the campaign. The Merseysiders will also have to do without the services of Joel Matip.
Jürgen Klopp’s side is set to welcome back defender Dejan Lovren. The 31-year-old recently returned to full training after overcoming a muscle issue.
Liverpool will be the favourites to complete the league double over Burnley. They won the reverse fixture 3-1 at Turf Moor in July. However, the Clarets could approach the game with a nothing to lose mentality.
They come into the game on the back of victory over West Ham and will be aiming to now launch a push for a Europa League spot.
The Reds can ill-afford to rest on their laurels if they still hope to break the all-time points tally.
Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah requires just one more goal to become the first player for the club since Roger Hunt in 1965-66 to reach 20 or more goals in three successive seasons.
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto
- West Ham United could sanction Declan Rice’s sale for £90m next year
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: Champions League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups