Premier League runaway leaders Liverpool have an FA Cup clash against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to consume their thoughts on Tuesday night.
Jurgen Klopp’s men are English champions-in-waiting after their amazing 2019-20 campaign, with the Reds potentially looking to win more than one major trophy this term.
Liverpool were surprisingly beaten 3-0 by Watford at the weekend, with the Anfield giants suffering their first league loss of the season in acrimonious fashion.
As such, the Merseysiders will be keen to get back to winning ways against Chelsea on Tuesday night.
Liverpool’s official website has confirmed that Klopp has received a double boost, with first-team men James Milner and Joe Gomez both returning to availability.
The Reds remain without midfielders Jordan Henderson, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri, who are all nursing injuries.
Klopp has rotated his Liverpool pack in previous rounds and as such it will be fascinating to see what starting XI the visitors field against Chelsea.
Reds supporters will hope that the Reds put out their strongest possible side as progression through this round could see the Anfield side in with a chance of recording a domestic double.
Liverpool losing two games on the trot could also be a reason for mild concern, especially as the Merseyside giants have a deficit to recover in the Champions League against Atletico Madrid.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative