Liverpool are planning to launch an audacious bid for Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.
The latest reports from the Express have confirmed that the Reds are seeking to sign Mbappe on a free transfer next summer.
Mbappe’s future has been the subject of immense speculation, with Real Madrid leading the race to land the Frenchman.
His contract expires next summer, which will make him a free agent.
PSG are getting less hopeful with every passing day of convincing Mbappe to sign an extension on his current deal.
Madrid wanted to bring in Mbappe this summer, but their dire financial condition prevents them from paying a hefty transfer fee.
It means they will have to wait until next summer to sign the French World Cup winner on a free transfer.
This has given Liverpool the opportunity to convince Mbappe to join the Reds instead.
They are ready to provide a lucrative wage package and believe he is the perfect replacement for their ageing front-three.
Liverpool want Mbappe in their squad due to the clear lack of squad depth in the attacking third.
The Frenchman can play anywhere across the front three and will be a perfect foil for Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
Jurgen Klopp will play a crucial role if Liverpool are to convince Mbappe to choose the Reds over Madrid next summer.
The charismatic Liverpool boss is rated as one of the best managers in modern-day football.
Also Read: Liverpool must not move for Traore.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer