Liverpool are interested in signing Adama Traore from Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to 90min.
The 25-year-old is keen to leave Molineux, and Wolves will sell him for the right price.
The speedy Spanish international is easily one of the fastest footballers in Europe. He is also an experienced Premier League player, having been with Wolves since 2018.
It is easy to see why Traore may be an appealing option for the Reds. The feared front trio of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane are not getting any younger, and the club must start planning for life after them.
However, Traore is not the man for the job.
He has been criticised for a lack of consistency and was guilty of missing a sitter for Wolves in their 1-0 defeat to Leicester City on Saturday.
While Traore could potentially be a good replacement for Xherdan Shaqiri but he is unlikely to be much of a threat to Liverpool’s front three.
Jurgen Klopp must not just look for players who can cover for his forwards but ones who can put them under pressure for their places.
Traore is not a prolific goalscorer. Since joining Wolves, he has bagged just seven league goals in 103 league games.
Liverpool need to bring in a new forward, but they must look for someone more consistent than Traore.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer