Leicester City are due to play in a Premier League game against Southampton at the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Foxes will be looking for nothing less than victory in order to maintain second position on the standings as well as their outside chance of winning the league this season.
Leicester will be the outright favourites to win the game. They will also have good memories of playing against Southampton after having thrashed Ralph Hasenhuttl’s charges 9-0 at St Mary’s in October. Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers faces no fresh injury concerns ahead of Saturdya’s game according to Squawka. The report added that Filip Benkovic, Wes Morgan, Matthew James and Daniel Amartey will all remain sidelined due to their injuries.
The Foxes are set to welcome back the league’s top scorer Jamie Vardy who missed his sides last few games following injury concerns. This likely means that Kelechi Iheanacho who has been deputizing in the absence of the Englishman will move to the bench.
Even though Leicester will go into the game as favourites, they cannot take the game for granted. Hasenhuttl’s side have improved during the past few weeks and are currently on a run of four consecutive unbeaten games in the league which includes three victories. They have since climbed up to 12th place on the standings.
There is a chance that Hasenhuttl may use unusual tactics in order to prevent another 9-0 mauling. This could also work in the favour of Rodgers who may look to unleash Vardy, Youri Tielemans and James Maddison.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City