Leeds United are due to play in a Championship game against Sheffield Wednesday at Elland Road on Saturday afternoon. Marcelo Bielsa’s side currently lead the second-tier standings on goal difference and will be looking for victory against their eighth placed opponents in order to maintain pole position on the standings.
Leeds cannot however afford to take anything for granted. Gary Monk will be fired up to upset his former employers as well as to try and ensure that his side push for a place in the promotion playoffs. The two sides also last played out to a goalless draw in Hillsborough in October. Wednesday will also have plenty of confidence after having upset Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA Cup last weekend.
Pablo Hernandez, Tyler Roberts and Jamie Shackleton are all training with Leeds again according to Leeds Live. The report added that it is unlikely that Hernandez will feature in Saturday’s game due to his injury but it did claim that there is a chance that the latter two could be set to be handed playing time.
Late decisions are set to be made on whether Patrick Bamford and Luke Ayling will play after the duo suffered injuries whilst playing in the FA Cup against Arsenal last weekend. Adam Forshaw is set to miss the game due to a hip injury.
Leeds will enter the game as favourites but they could face a stern test. Bielsa’s team will have to ensure that they are on point in every department.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto