Championship title contenders Leeds United will face off against struggling Hull City in a Championship encounter at the KCOM Stadium on Saturday.
The Whites enter the game in good form after having won their last three consecutive Championship games. Their most recent victory was a 1-0 win over Middlesbrough on Wednesday night.
Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds side are waiting to see whether the influential Kalvin Phillips will be fit for the game, according to BBC Sport.
The 24-year-old had to miss his team’s most recent victory over Middlesbrough.
The report added that Leeds striker Jean-Kevin Augustin will miss the game due to a hamstring problem.
Leeds will go into the game as the favourites and both sides have had contrasting fortunes this season.
The Tigers would have been hoping to challenge for Premier League promotion this season but they find themselves just four points above the relegation zone.
Hull have not scored a goal during their previous two home league games against Leeds. They drew 0-0 in January 2018 and lost 1-0 last season.
The teams last met in the Championship at Elland Road in December and the Whites won the game 2-0 following an own goal from Jordy de Wijs as well as a strike from Ezgjan Alioski.
Even though they will be expected to gain three points, Bielsa’s Leeds side cannot afford to rest on their laurels.
They slipped at their final hurdle last season and can ill-afford to allow the exact same thing to happen again this season. Automatic promotion is now theirs to lose.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer