West Ham are interested in Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma, according to reliable journalist Dharmesh Sheth.
Chelsea are looking to challenge for the Premier League title next season and will be expected to make some major changes to their squad before the start of the new season.
The Blues are being strongly linked with a move for Jules Kounde from Sevilla and one of their players who is being linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge is Zouma.
Since joining the Blues from Saint-Etienne in 2014, the France international has been given his fair share of chances but has struggled to deliver consistently good performances.
The 26-year-old looked more consistent and comfortable on the ball during his loan spell with Everton in the 2018/19 season than he did during his past two seasons with the Chelsea senior team.
Given that his contract with the club runs until 2023 as per Transfermarkt, Thomas Tuchel’s side must look to sell Zouma this summer if they want to bank a healthy sum of money for his sale.
Meanwhile, West Ham are looking to strengthen their side as they look to embark on a deep run in the Europa League next season.
The Hammers defensive department could be well deserved by the additional depth and if Zouma arrives, he could also bring in experience playing in European competition, something that several West Ham first-team players do not have.
The one factor that could work against the Hammers in the race to sign Zouma is the fact that they do not have Champions League status.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet