West Ham are interested in Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma, according to reliable journalist Dharmesh Sheth.
Chelsea are looking to challenge for the Premier League title next season and will be expected to make some major changes to their squad before the start of the new season.
The Blues are being strongly linked with a move for Jules Kounde from Sevilla and one of their players who is being linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge is Zouma.
Since joining the Blues from Saint-Etienne in 2014, the France international has been given his fair share of chances but has struggled to deliver consistently good performances.
The 26-year-old looked more consistent and comfortable on the ball during his loan spell with Everton in the 2018/19 season than he did during his past two seasons with the Chelsea senior team.
Given that his contract with the club runs until 2023 as per Transfermarkt, Thomas Tuchel’s side must look to sell Zouma this summer if they want to bank a healthy sum of money for his sale.
Meanwhile, West Ham are looking to strengthen their side as they look to embark on a deep run in the Europa League next season.
The Hammers defensive department could be well deserved by the additional depth and if Zouma arrives, he could also bring in experience playing in European competition, something that several West Ham first-team players do not have.
The one factor that could work against the Hammers in the race to sign Zouma is the fact that they do not have Champions League status.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer