Jurgen Klinsmann has predicted that Tottenham can win the Premier League title this season.
The Lilywhites have been in good form lately, having won four out of their last five league games.
This season looks like it will be a low-points scoring season, akin to the 2015-16 campaign which Leicester City won, albeit with 81 points.
This is a major factor which could favour the likes of Spurs and even current surprise table-toppers Leicester challenging for the title this season.
“Yeah [they’re challengers] and I think rightfully so, rightfully so,” Klinsmann said to ESPN whilst talking about whether Spurs can challenge for the league this season.
“They’re dreaming about finally maybe getting to that point of winning this amazing trophy. I think it’s a logical path.
“I think over the past couple of weeks, months, we see something is growing stronger and stronger. Obviously Jose Mourinho has a strong hand in this whole development and he’s a competitor.
“He will give everything he has to make that dream come true, so it’s exciting times for Spurs fans and I keep all my fingers crossed.”
“I think a successful season is always to get in the top four of the Premier League,” he added.
“I think qualifying for the Champions League is now a must for Spurs, it’s a must for the big teams there.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer