Former Everton striker Kevin Campbell thinks that Aston Villa should make a move for Bournemouth striker Josh King.
The Villains are believed to be keen to add a new striker to their ranks this January given that Wesley Moraes is still expected to be out of action for a few more months. The Brazilian suffered a knee injury almost 12 months ago now.
King was strongly linked with a move to Villa Park last summer but ended up staying with Bournemouth, who were relegated from the English top-flight last season.
Ollie Watkins has shone playing as a lone forward for Dean Smith’s side this season. Keinan Davis recently returned to action, but the 22-year-old is not yet proven at Premier League level, and neither does he appear to be a prolific scorer.
Since breaking into the Villa first team in 2016, he has gone on to make 58 league appearances, scoring just two goals.
“I definitely think so,” Campbell told website Football Insider when discussing whether King could be a good signing for Villa.
“Villa are a few pieces away from being an accomplished Premier League side, especially with Jack Grealish, Ross Barkley and Ollie Watkins they’ve got a nice feel to them right now.”
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet