Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has provided an update on Sadio Mane after the devastating Reds forward was forced off injured in his side’s 2-1 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers on Thursday night.
Goals from Jordan Henderson and Roberto Firmino kept the Premier League leaders rumbling on, with their victory at Molineux making it 40 domestic games unbeaten for the Anfield outfit.
The only negative of the Liverpool win was the injury to Mane, who left the field after 33 minutes and was replaced by Takumi Minamino.
Speaking after the narrow victory, Klopp said he hoped the injury to the Reds attacking talisman was not too serious.
“Sadio is a real shame he had to go off,” the Liverpool manager told Sky Sports.
”Hopefully it’s not too bad – just a muscle tweak, but we will see tomorrow.”
Mane is part of arguably the most-dangerous attacking unit in world football, with the Liverpool winger’s partnership with Mo Salah and Firmino propelling the Merseyside club to major silverware.
The Reds have what looks like an unassailable 16-point lead at the top of the Premier League table and also have a game in hand over the chasing pack.
Liverpool are next back in action on Sunday with an away day at Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup fourth round, before Premier League clashes against West Ham United, Southampton and Norwich City.
Klopp and the Reds fans will hope that Mane is fit and firing once their Champions League round of 32 clash against Atletico Madrid on February 19 rolls around.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer