Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to his side’s win against Burnley.
Dean Smith’s side got the better of Burnley 2-1 away from home at Turf Moor in the Premier League on Wednesday.
Wesley Moraes put the Villans in the lead after 27 minutes, and Jack Grealish doubled the advantage on 41 minutes.
Although Chris Wood halved the deficit for the hosts in the 80th minute, it proved to be too little, too late.
McGinn, who is injured at the moment and is recovering from a fractured ankle, has revelled in the win for Villa against Burnley.
What a win go on the boys pic.twitter.com/BAfppI2u9T— John McGinn (@jmcginn7) January 1, 2020
The win against Burnley on Wednesday means that Villa are 16th in the Premier League table at the moment with 21 points from 21 games.
The Villans are two points above the relegation zone, and the result against Sean Dyche’s side will enhance their chances of pulling away from the bottom three.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto