In a Live Twitter Question and Answer session, Jack Wilshere has revealed that Rangers never contacted him. It was rumoured that he was close to joining the SPL leaders last summer.
The 29-year-old joined Bournemouth this month after spending a number of months as a free agent following his release from West Ham.
It may have been for the best that Rangers did not move for Wilshere. There is no doubt that he is a quality player and could have provided assists and scored goals in Scotland. However, his injury record is concerning.
Wilshere was hailed as the future of English football after bursting onto the scene with Arsenal in 2008, but he has sadly not achieved his potential due to recurring injury problems.
After joining West Ham in 2018, he only managed 16 Premier League appearances for the Hammers in two years.
Bournemouth will be hoping that the signing of Wilshere can help them achieve promotion to the Premier League this season.
The England international is already familiar with the Vitality Stadium after spending the 2016/17 season on loan there from Arsenal.
It will be interesting to see whether he can now revive his career. He has the talent, but it remains to be seen whether he can stay fit.
- Jamie Carragher delivers damning verdict on Tottenham Hotspur
- West Ham United open talks to sign Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto