Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has taken to Twitter to revel in his side’s midweek win against Southampton.
Spurs got the better of Premier League rivals Southampton 3-2 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the FA Cup fourth-round replay on Wednesday night.
The North London outfit took the lead after just 12 minutes, but they then went 2-1 down before scoring twice to book their place in the fifth round of the prestigious cup competition.
Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham side will now face fellow Premier League rival Norwich City for a place in the sixth round.
Kane is injured at the moment and did not feature in the tie, but the England international striker has revelled in the win for Spurs and has admitted that he was stressed watching the match.
Back in action
Tottenham are not in action this weekend due to the winter break and they will return on February 16 when they take on Aston Villa away from home at Villa Park in the Premier League.
Spurs are fifth in the league table at the moment with 37 points from 25 matches.
Tottenham fans will have one eye on the upcoming Champions League round of 16 double-header against Bundesliga high-flyers Red Bull Leipzig, as the fixtures come in thick and fast for the Lilywhites.
Kane is being sorely missed at the moment, but Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min have performed admirably in recent games to ensure victories.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka