Ian Harte has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to Leeds United’s win against Stoke City on Thursday evening.
The former Leeds star is delighted with the Whites’s 5-0 hammering of Stoke at Elland Road in the Championship.
Mateusz Klich put Marcelo Bielsa’s side in the lead on the stroke of half time when he scored from the penalty spot.
Helder Costa doubled the advantage for the home team in the second minute of the second half, and Liam Cooper made it 3-0 on 57 minutes.
Pablo Hernandez and Patrick Bamford added to the scoreline, as Leeds won 5-0 to inch closer to automatic promotion to the Premier League.
Harte was following the match, and the former Leeds star is over the moon with the final result, and has also stated that the Whites have been the best team in the Championship this season.
Over the course of the 90 minutes at Elland Road on Thursday evening, hosts Leeds had 72% of the possession, took 19 shots of which 11 were on target, and earned seven corners, according to BBC Sport.
Visitors Stoke had 28% of the possession, took five shots of which none was on target, and earned three corners, according to BBC Sport.
- Leon Goretzka signs new contract at Bayern Munich
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace