Glasgow Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has insisted that forward Alfredo Morelos is not for sale in this transfer window.
The Gers boss was talking to the media ahead of his side’s trip to Hearts, as the Colombian’s future continues to dominate newspaper column inches.
Gerrard reiterated that the 23-year-old Rangers forward will not be sold this month amid reported interest from many clubs.
“He’s not for sale. Nothing has changed on that,” the Gers manager told Sky Sports.
“But when I see you again in two or three days we’ll speak about a different club so it’s just one of those things.”
Morelos has been impressive for the Ibrox team this season, scoring 28 goals in 25 appearances to help his side continue the title race with Celtic.
His brilliant form sparked a transfer interest from La Liga side Sevilla and several other Premier League clubs, according to a Sky Sports report.
However, Rangers have maintained their stance that the forward is not for sale with the club’s chairman David King saying they would even resist a £40m offer.
Rangers lost ground in their title ambitions on Sunday when they suffered a frustrating 2-1 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle, leaving the Ibrox side five points adrift of division leaders Celtic.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative