Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmieri’s agent has rejected transfer claims regarding his client, stating the Italian is happy at Stamford Bridge.
The defender’s agent made it clear that Emerson is settled with the Blues and therefore he won’t leave the club this month.
“At this moment Chelsea have no intention of depriving themselves of Emerson,” he told FC Inter News.
“He is happy in London and so now he won’t change teams.”
Emerson joined Chelsea from Roma back in the 2018 January transfer window at the express request of Antonio Conte, who is currently managing at Inter Milan.
The 25-year-old has been struggling to establish himself as a regular member of the first team with Marcos Alonso also available as a left-back.
With Chelsea’s transfer ban reduced, it was suggested that Emerson could be sacrificed for allowing Frank Lampard to go after his preferred targets.
But now after his agent’s revelation, it looks as though the Italian international would stay put at Stamford Bridge in this transfer window at least.
However, keeping both Emerson and Alonso would suggest Lampard won’t be signing a left-back as a priority this January.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees