Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmieri’s agent has rejected transfer claims regarding his client, stating the Italian is happy at Stamford Bridge.
The defender’s agent made it clear that Emerson is settled with the Blues and therefore he won’t leave the club this month.
“At this moment Chelsea have no intention of depriving themselves of Emerson,” he told FC Inter News.
“He is happy in London and so now he won’t change teams.”
Emerson joined Chelsea from Roma back in the 2018 January transfer window at the express request of Antonio Conte, who is currently managing at Inter Milan.
The 25-year-old has been struggling to establish himself as a regular member of the first team with Marcos Alonso also available as a left-back.
With Chelsea’s transfer ban reduced, it was suggested that Emerson could be sacrificed for allowing Frank Lampard to go after his preferred targets.
But now after his agent’s revelation, it looks as though the Italian international would stay put at Stamford Bridge in this transfer window at least.
However, keeping both Emerson and Alonso would suggest Lampard won’t be signing a left-back as a priority this January.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself