Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink said on Sky Sports Football (January 1, 2020) that Leeds United need to sign a replacement for Arsenal-bound Eddie Nketiah.
Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa has told the club’s official website that Arsenal have decided to recall Nketiah from his loan spell at the Championship.
The 20-year-old striker joined the Gunners on a season-long loan deal from Premier League outfit Arsenal in the summer transfer window.
The England Under-21 international striker made only two starts in the Championship for the Whites during his loan spell, as reported by BBC Sport.
Former Leeds striker Hasselbaink believes that the West Yorkshire outfit need to sign a replacement for Nketiah.
Hasselbaink said on Sky Sports Football (January 1, 2020): “That’s big for me. They need another striker. They need to find somebody ASAP, who is mobile, who will battle Bamford for that place and someone who can score goals. They do need more goals.”
It is very hard to quality players, especially strikers, in the January transfer window, and Leeds could struggle to find someone who can take the place of Nketiah in the team.
If the Whites do identify someone, then they will have to spend a lot of money to tempt his club into selling him.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative