Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to the win against Newcastle United and has expressed his delight at surpassing the 200-goal milestone.
Jose Mourinho’s side have got the better of Newcastle 3-1 away from home at St James’ Park in the Premier League this evening.
Kane was the star of the show for the North London outfit, as the England international striker scored twice, first on the hour mark and then in the 90th minute.
The brace saw the 26-year-old take his tally to 201 goals in all competitions for Spurs, and he is delighted with his achievement.
Kane has also dedicated Tottenham’s win against Newcastle to his teammate Serge Aurier, who played in the game despite his brother, Christopher Aurier, passing away this week, as reported by BBC Sport.
Over the course of the 90 minutes at St. James’ Park on Wednesday evening, hosts Newcastle had 53% of the possession, took 22 shots of which six were on target, and earned five corners, according to BBC Sport.
Visitors Tottenham had 47% of the possession, took eight shots of which five were on target, and earned four corners, according to BBC Sport.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills