Nobody knows quite when the football season will conclude due to the ongoing fight against COVID-19, but when it does one man yet to have a huge impression on Luton Town’s first campaign back in the Championship for 13 years could get the chance to do so.
There is talk that the Hatters’ season could conclude behind closed doors in a truncated spell, cramming the remaining nine fixtures into a relatively short space of time, in order to stay on schedule, or as close to it, for next term.
If that transpires to be the case, Danny Hylton could well be a leading light for Luton over the remainder of the campaign.
The forward has been restricted to a pair of substitute appearances this season, after a knee injury ruled him out of the first six months of the Hatters’ schedule.
Constantly fighting a tough training regime to catch up with the fitness of his teammates, this will have been a frustrating campaign for a man who has played a significant role in the incredible rise Luton have been through in the last three years.
However with him being on an even keel with everyone else in that regard for the first time this season, as and when football does resume, Hylton is likely to get a much more significant role to play.
If the games come as thick and fast as suggested, at the intensity we have seen so far in the Championship this term, it would be almost impossible for the same forwards to play every minute of each game. It will be all hands on deck.
Hylton is no stranger to making a big impression when he is on the football pitch. The enforced delay to the season might just give him the opportunity to have a major say in the Hatters’ survival bid.
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto
- West Ham United could sanction Declan Rice’s sale for £90m next year
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: Champions League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups