Antonio Rudiger appears to be the latest Chelsea player to have infuriated some of the club’s faithful on Twitter for his latest performance.
The Blues were on the end of a last-gasp 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon after Isaac Hayden headed home.
The defeat meant Frank Lampard’s side suffered their first defeat since Boxing Day and did not exactly come at a great time with fierce London rivals Arsenal coming to visit Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
Indeed, the Germany international perhaps did not have the best game when analysing the data collected by WhoScored.
The 26-year-old enforcer managed to make just one tackle and two clearances over the 90 minutes and was ultimately handed a rather paltry 6.48 match rating.
Rudiger’s latest display at the back came in for an immense amount of criticism from the club’s faithful, with a plethora of fans leaving rather unkind views on his performance.
Some stated that the £45million-rated (via TransferMarkt) defender was a ‘clown’ and that many appeared to put the blame on him for their last-minute defeat to Newcastle.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative