Antonio Rudiger appears to be the latest Chelsea player to have infuriated some of the club’s faithful on Twitter for his latest performance.
The Blues were on the end of a last-gasp 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon after Isaac Hayden headed home.
The defeat meant Frank Lampard’s side suffered their first defeat since Boxing Day and did not exactly come at a great time with fierce London rivals Arsenal coming to visit Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
Indeed, the Germany international perhaps did not have the best game when analysing the data collected by WhoScored.
The 26-year-old enforcer managed to make just one tackle and two clearances over the 90 minutes and was ultimately handed a rather paltry 6.48 match rating.
Rudiger’s latest display at the back came in for an immense amount of criticism from the club’s faithful, with a plethora of fans leaving rather unkind views on his performance.
Some stated that the £45million-rated (via TransferMarkt) defender was a ‘clown’ and that many appeared to put the blame on him for their last-minute defeat to Newcastle.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- Jamie Carragher delivers damning verdict on Tottenham Hotspur
- West Ham United open talks to sign Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto