Faustino Anjorin may have made his Premier League debut for Chelsea against Everton on Sunday afternoon, however that did not stop a number of fans from sharing negative remarks on Twitter.
The 18-year-old got a taste of top-flight football for Frank Lampard’s side when he was brought on as a second-half substitute to replace Willian once the game was done and dusted in the Blues favour.
Indeed, the teenager appeared to get himself stuck in with the action as he looked to make the most of the 20-minute cameo he was given in front of a Stamford Bridge crowd.
According to WhoScored’s data, Anjorin managed to take one shot at goal, complete 100% of his passes – although it was only seven – complete one dribble and win one free-kick as he was fouled.
However, it appears some Chelsea fans were either expecting a lot more from the young attacker, whilst others just simply did not believe the hype that seems to have surrounding the talented teen.
One fan stated that Anjorin was a ‘fraud’ whilst others mentioned that they did not feel he was ready for first-team duties and felt that he was not anything special.
Here are what just a few of the club’s faithful had to say on the youngster’s first display in Premier League action…
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet