Gary Lineker has praised Aston Villa goalkeeper Orjan Nyland on Twitter for his performance against Leicester City on Tuesday evening.
The former Leicester and Tottenham Hotspur striker was impressed with Nyland for making three “unbelievable saves” during the second leg of EFL Cup semi-final tie.
The first leg of the tie at the King Power Stadium earlier this month end in a 1-1 draw.
Villa have won the second leg 2-1 at Villa Park to progress to the final of the EFL Cup 3-2 on aggregate.
Matt Targett put the Villans in the lead after just 12 minutes, only for Kelechi Iheanacho to restore parity for Brendan Rodgers’s side in the 72 minutes.
Dean Smith’s side had the last laugh, as Trezeguet scored the winner for them in the third minute of injury time.
Over the course of the 90 minutes at Villa Park on Tuesday evening, hosts Villa had 38% of the possession, took nine shots of which three were on target, and earned three corners, according to BBC Sport.
Villa’s keeper Oerjan Nyland is playing infuriatingly well. 3 unbelievable saves.— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) January 28, 2020
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups