Gary Lineker has praised Aston Villa goalkeeper Orjan Nyland on Twitter for his performance against Leicester City on Tuesday evening.
The former Leicester and Tottenham Hotspur striker was impressed with Nyland for making three “unbelievable saves” during the second leg of EFL Cup semi-final tie.
The first leg of the tie at the King Power Stadium earlier this month end in a 1-1 draw.
Villa have won the second leg 2-1 at Villa Park to progress to the final of the EFL Cup 3-2 on aggregate.
Matt Targett put the Villans in the lead after just 12 minutes, only for Kelechi Iheanacho to restore parity for Brendan Rodgers’s side in the 72 minutes.
Dean Smith’s side had the last laugh, as Trezeguet scored the winner for them in the third minute of injury time.
Over the course of the 90 minutes at Villa Park on Tuesday evening, hosts Villa had 38% of the possession, took nine shots of which three were on target, and earned three corners, according to BBC Sport.
Villa’s keeper Oerjan Nyland is playing infuriatingly well. 3 unbelievable saves.— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) January 28, 2020
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager