Championship promotion playoff candidates Fulham will face off against 15th place Sheffield Wednesday in a league clash on Saturday.
Fulham are unbeaten in five games. Whilst they have left it too late to secure automatic promotion, they will be aiming to end the season in high spirits. This will up their morale heading into the promotion playoffs.
The reverse fixture at Hillsborough ended in a 1-1 draw last September after Atdhe Nuhu came off the bench to secure a very late equalizer for Wednesday.
Terence Kongolo is suffering from a foot injury and is set to be out of action until next month, according to Transfermarkt. After being withdrawn during the game against West Brom, Ivan Cavaleiro could be set to miss out for the Cottagers. Tom Cairney who has missed out on Fulham’s last three games could be set to be once again be left out of the starting xi.
Josh Onomah or Stefan Johansen could be set to get a start in midfield.
Even though their hopes of automatic promotion are over, Fulham is the more in-form side and they will also be more hungry for victory. Scott Parker will want his side to be confident ahead of the promotion playoff’s semi-final and likely get a home second leg.
The Whites will be looking to continue their good form at home. They have won four out of their last five matches at Craven Cottage and will fancy their chances of making it five wins at home against Wednesday.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer