According to The Scottish Sun, Sinclair is set to part company with Scottish Premiership giants Celtic and make a move to Preston in the Championship in England.
The report has claimed that the former Aston Villa and Manchester City winger has left the Hoops’ training camp in Dubai and will complete his move to Preston imminently.
Former Celtic striker Hartson has given his take on the speculation, and besides praising the 30-year-old, he believes that the winger is better off leaving Neil Lennon’s side due to his lack of playing time this season.
If Scott Sinclair was to leave he was good for Celtic and Celtic was good for Sinclair.. Rodgers took him from Villa when he wasn’t a regular. Got him playing well. He’s better moving on as he is down the pecking order of starting games. Expect a few additions in this window.— John Hartson (@JohnHartson10) January 7, 2020
According to The Scottish Sun, Sinclair has made just one start so far this season and is down in the pecking order.
It would make sense for the winger to join Preston and be part of their quest to finish in the top six of the Championship table this season.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees