According to The Scottish Sun, Sinclair is set to part company with Scottish Premiership giants Celtic and make a move to Preston in the Championship in England.
The report has claimed that the former Aston Villa and Manchester City winger has left the Hoops’ training camp in Dubai and will complete his move to Preston imminently.
Former Celtic striker Hartson has given his take on the speculation, and besides praising the 30-year-old, he believes that the winger is better off leaving Neil Lennon’s side due to his lack of playing time this season.
If Scott Sinclair was to leave he was good for Celtic and Celtic was good for Sinclair.. Rodgers took him from Villa when he wasn’t a regular. Got him playing well. He’s better moving on as he is down the pecking order of starting games. Expect a few additions in this window.— John Hartson (@JohnHartson10) January 7, 2020
According to The Scottish Sun, Sinclair has made just one start so far this season and is down in the pecking order.
It would make sense for the winger to join Preston and be part of their quest to finish in the top six of the Championship table this season.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself