Manchester City-owned Leeds United star Jack Harrison has taken to Instagram to give his reaction to his side’s win against Barnsley.
Leeds got the better of Barnsley 1-0 at Elland Road in the Championship on Thursday evening to edge closer to automatic promotion to the Premier League.
Michael Sollbauer’s own goal in the 28th minute proved to the difference between the two sides.
Harrison, who returned to Leeds on another season-long loan spell from Premier League club City in the summer of 2019, can play as a winger or as an attacking midfielder and earns £51,000 per week as salary, according to Spotrac.com, is delighted with the victory for Marcelo Bielsa’s side.
Over the course of the 90 minutes at Elland Road on Thursday evening, hosts Leeds had 56% of the possession, took six shots of which two were on target, and earned seven corners, according to BBC Sport.
Visitors Barnsley had 44% of the possession, took 12 shots of which two were on target, and earned seven corners, according to BBC Sport.
Promotion to the Premier League
The result means that Leeds now need just a point from their final two games in the Championship this season to win automatic promotion to the Premier League.
In fact, if West Bromwich Albion fail to win against Huddersfield Town in the Championship on Friday evening, then that will see Leeds go up.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups