The consistent form of Ollie Watkins this season has not gone unnoticed, and many fans are now questioning whether the 25-year-old could be called up to the England set-up.
The striker continued his good form in front of goal at the weekend, as he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win against Arsenal.
The result leaves Villa in ninth place, with 35 points after 21 games, just five points adrift of fourth place Liverpool.
After narrowly avoiding relegation last season, Dean Smith’s side are very much in the hunt for European football this term.
Watkins joined Villa from Brentford last summer and had no prior Premier League experience before making the move.
He has managed to exceed expectations and has scored ten goals in 21 games. Watkins may even have an outside chance of winning selection to England’s European Championship squad should one of the key strikers in Gareth Southgate’s plans for the tournament get injured.
The signings of Matty Cash and Watkins have also eased the workload and pressure on Jack Grealish, allowing the Villa captain to transform into a truly world-class player this season.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet