Harry Redknapp has admitted he would be shocked to see Glasgow Celtic part ways with Scott Sinclair this summer but has admitted he would be an excellent acquisition for those monitoring the player.
The 29-year-old has fallen out of favour somewhat in recent times at Parkhead; recording just one start since mid-February under Brendan Rodgers.
Would you be gutted to see Scott Sinclair leave in the summer???
— 🍀Stephen Walsh🍀 (@stevie_bhoy32) March 26, 2018
Premier League side Bournemouth are said to be interested in securing the former England Under-21 international; however, despite it potentially being a great coup for his old outfit, Redknapp has admitted he would be surprised to see the Hoops let their man go.
“He had a sort of wasted few years in England, he wasn’t playing and sort of drifted into the wilderness. But at Celtic he’s found a spark again”, Redknapp told the Scottish Sun.
“He had a great first season, scored plenty of goals and won everything up there.
“I’d be surprised if Celtic were to sell him. But if they do, and Bournemouth were to go for him, it could be a great move. I’d love to see him playing down here.”
Sinclair shot himself to high status quickly amongst the Celtic fans during his first campaign with the club.
25 goals in his debut year across all competitions rose him above anyone else in the club as he rounded off the 2016/17 term as the Bhoys’ top scorer.
However, the 2012 Great Britain Olympian’s return of just nine so far this season has seen him fall down the pecking order somewhat in Glasgow, with the likes of Callum McGregor and James Forrest Rodgers’ preferred options.
There is little doubt that a sale during the summer, particularly to a top-flight side south of the border, would see a handsome return on the around £4million investment Celtic made to prise the attacker away from Aston Villa in 2016.
However, whether a suitable replacement with similar ability, dependability and impact could be found for a similar fee remains to be seen.