According to The Guardian, Everton have made progress in their pursuit of Lille central defender Gabriel dos Santos Magalhaes, with Tottenham Hotspur also reported to be interested in him.
It has been reported that the Toffees are interested in signing Gabriel from Lille in the summer transfer window, and that the Merseyside outfit ‘have made progress’ in the pursuit of the 22-year-old.
This will come as a blow to Tottenham, who have also been linked with a move for the Brazilian youngster.
FootMercato reported in mid-June that Spurs have made a late entry into the race for the youngster.
However, with Everton having reportedly made progress in the chase for the Lille defender, it does seem that Spurs will miss out on him.
According to WhoScored, Gabriel made 23 starts and one substitute appearance in Ligue 1 for Lille this past season, scoring one goal in the process.
The youngster also played six times in the Champions League for the French club in 2019-20 campaign, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the defender made 11 starts and three substitute appearances in Ligue 1 for Lille, scoring one goal in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Wolverhampton inform Tottenham they need to pay £45m for Adama Traore
- Chelsea are yet to give up on their pursuit of Romelu Lukaku
- Signing both Jack Grealish and Harry Kane will not be financially viable for Manchester City
- Newcastle should consider swooping for Percy Tau
- Tammy Abraham’s salary demands proving to be stumbling block for West Ham