Derby County will face Fulham in the matchday 34’s mouth-watering contest in the Championship at the Pride Park Stadium on Friday night.
The home side are going through a difficult campaign as they are placed in 13th position of the league table with 44 points after 33 matches – nine points behind sixth-placed Preston North End.
Therefore, Derby will have to ensure that they produce a positive result on Friday to keep their hopes alive of securing a place through to the playoffs.
The Rams’ recent form must give the team management, as well as players, a lot of hope going into the match against the third-placed Fulham side.
Derby have registered five wins in their last 10 league matches, which also included three draws and just two defeats.
On the team news front, as per BBC Sport, Rams winger Duane Holmes is certain to miss the fixture after suffering a lower-leg injury in the match against Huddersfield Town.
Other than him, as per Squawka, Richard Keogh and Krystian Bielik are also out of the Friday’s contest.
Derby’s record against Fulham is largely unimpressive with just five wins in 20 meetings.
Their last win against the London-based club came in 2018 at the same venue where they managed to secure a 1-0 victory, courtesy a goal from Cameron Jerome.
Derby’s issue this season has been inconsistency – of their 33 Championship games, they have won, drawn and lost 11 of each.
However, with much to still play for, a victory on Friday night would put pressure on the teams above them in the hunt for a top-six finish.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer