Mid-table Championship sides Derby County and Queens Park Rangers will face off against each other at Loftus Road on Tuesday night.
The Rams will likely have to make do without the services of Duane Holmes (ankle injury), Tom Huddlestone (hamstring injury), Krystian Bielik (knee injury), George Evans (calf injury) and Ikechi Anya (calf injury), according to a report by the Derby Telegraph.
Holmes, who has not played since his team’s 1-1 draw against Huddersfield Town earlier this month, is set to be out of action for several weeks, added Derby boss Phillip Cocu.
Huddlestone could be back in action in a few weeks whilst Bielik will be out for the rest of the season for the Rams.
Evans has taken part in U-23 games for Derby against Everton and Birmingham City, and is closing in on a first-team return.
Anya, who also played for the U-23’s recently against Blackburn Rovers, is also closing in on a first-team return.
The two teams last met in a league clash in November at Pride Park and the game ended 1-1 following goals from Martyn Waghorn and Eberechi Eze.
Derby are in need of some confidence. They have not tasted victory during their past three league games and enter the clash 11 points adrift of sixth place Bristol City.
The Rams need nothing less than victory in order to keep alive their faint chances of qualifying for the promotion playoffs.
It is currently difficult, though not impossible, for Derby to qualify for the playoffs – but they need a late-season surge to claw back the gap.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet