West Ham manager David Moyes has said that he hopes to bolster his squad in the January transfer window. The Hammers are currently in seventh place following their 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

“Yes. Will I be able to or will we be able to get what we want? I’m not sure,” said Moyes when asked about whether he wants to be active in the January transfer market as per The Standard.

“I’ll be saying the same thing as I said this time last year. If we can, and we think there is something available the owner would try and do it, but obviously like everybody else we’re in a difficult situation financially. We won’t be daft.

“I want to keep pushing, I want to keep trying to improve, but I have to say we will be linked with every man and their dog. The truth is we won’t be signing every man and their dog, we’ll only be signing players who I think are right for the club. Players who are hungry and fit what we need.”

The East Londoners certainly are showing improvement from last season. They were involved in the relegation battle for much of last term, but European football looks to be the target this campaign.

Moyes was successful in the January transfer window last season as he roped in Tomas Soucek and Jarrod Bowen, both of whom have gone on to become important players for the side.

One type of player the club could look to recruit is a striker. While Michail Antonio is impressive whenever called upon, he tends to have long spells on the sidelines due to injury. Sebastien Haller’s form is inconsistent, though he did score a stunner against Palace.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here