A number of Chelsea fans took to Twitter to vent their frustrations with Antonio Rudiger following their 3-0 defeat to Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
The Blues’ chances of qualifying for the next stage of the Champions League are now in serious doubt as Serge Gnabry and Robert Lewandowski put the Premier League outfit to the sword.
Willy Cabellero managed to keep Frank Lampard’s side level heading into half-time, however the Bundesliga giants eventually overpowered the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Fans were disappointed with what they saw, with many pointing the finger at Rudiger for his latest Chelsea showing, with some leaving some rather negative remarks on Twitter about the centre-back’s performance.
On paper, the 26-year-old did not appear to have a bad game with WhoScored data appearing to make the Germany international look as though he had a solid defensive game.
Rudiger recorded one total tackle, three interceptions, six clearances and won two aerial duels, however he was only awarded a match rating of 6.25 (WhoScored) which perhaps justifies what fans were saying about him on Twitter after the final whistle.
Some supporters have called for Lampard to drop the centre-back in the future, whilst others want the enforcer to leave the Stamford Bridge outfit in the summer’s transfer window.
Here are just some of the Chelsea faithful’s reactions…
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer