Crystal Palace received a major injury boost ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Sheffield United, as three crucial players returned to the side’s training this week the club has confirmed.
Christian Benteke, Patrick van Aanholt, and Andros Townsend are all available for Eagles selection after considerable injury layoffs.
None of the Palace trio have featured since December for Roy Hodgson’s side but will return for Saturday’s match against Sheffield United at Selhurst Park.
Benteke had been kept out of the Eagles side with a muscle strain while Van Aanholt and Townsend had thigh and hip injuries respectively.
However, the injury update wasn’t all good news for the Palace faithful as January signing Cenk Tosun has picked up a hamstring injury and is ruled out for this weekend’s clash.
Tosun joins Jeffrey Schlupp and Mamadou Sakho on the sidelines for the Eagles, who are recovering from a major injury crisis.
Palace head into the tie in 11th place, three points behind opponents Sheffield in eighth.
The Eagles lost 2-0 to Southampton last time out in the league, which ended a run of four straight draws for Hodgson’s men.
Hodgson will also welcome back midfielder Luka Milivojevic, who returns from a three-match suspension after picking up a red card in the FA Cup earlier in January.
Sheffield emerged 1-0 winners in the return fixture in the second match of the season back in August.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet