Sky Sports have reported that Manchester United are considering loan moves for Islam Slimani or Odion Ighalo this month, as the Old Trafford outfit look to bolster their attacking options in the wake of Marcus Rashford’s injury.
However, the latest rumblings have not pleased the majority of Red Devils supporters, who have taken to social media to express their disappointment at the quality of players being linked to the club.
United have seemingly found the going tough in the transfer market in recent times, with the calibre of new faces arriving at Old Trafford nothing comparable to the glory years under Sir Alex Ferguson.
This has led to a new approach by the Red Devils, with your rising talents the flavour of the month in the summer window.
However, the latest reported United targets are at the wrong end of their respective careers and have not made an impact in the Premier League previously while playing for Watford and Leicester.
The Manchester outfit are pushing for a top-four finish this season but the fact that Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood are the only available strikers has left the club short of firepower.
With whispers of a potential walk out in protest at the next home Premier League game against Wolves, here are a selection of the United fans’ tweets after the Ighalo/Slimani news was broken.
- Leon Goretzka signs new contract at Bayern Munich
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace