According to The Daily Mail, Bournemouth will sell Nathan Ake in the summer transfer window, amid reported interest from Tottenham Hotspur.
It has been reported that Bournemouth are planning to sell a number of their best players in a cost-cutting effort.
Ake is one of those players, with the Cherries open to offers for the central defender they signed from Chelsea for £20 million in 2017, according to the report.
The Express reported in February that Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho plans to bring Ake to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this summer.
According to WhoScored, Ake has made 27 appearances in the Premier League for Bournemouth so far this season, scoring two goals and providing two assists in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 25-year-old defender scored four goals in 38 league games for the Cherries, according to WhoScored.
Back in 2017-18, Ake made 37 starts and one substitute appearances in the league for Eddie Howe’s side, scoring two goals and providing three assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
Good signing for Tottenham Hotspur?
With Jan Vertonghen set to leave Tottenham at the end of the season and Bournemouth reportedly willing to sell Ake this summer, a move to Spurs would make sense for all parties concerned.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups