Former Celtic striker Chris Sutton has taken a dig at Brendan Rodgers on Twitter after Leicester City lost against Aston Villa in the EFL Cup tonight.
Sutton has suggested that Leicester manager Rodgers will wish that he had stayed at Celtic after the defeat to Villa.
The Foxes lost the second leg of the EFL Cup semi-final tie 2-1 against the Villans away from home this evening.
With the first leg at the King Power Stadium earlier this month having ended in a 1-1 draw, Leicester have been knocked out 3-2 on aggregate.
Sutton has congratulated Villa on Twitter on their win, and he has mocked Rodgers for leaving Celtic last season to take charge of Leicester.
The former Liverpool manager parted company with the Hoops in February 2019 to take of Premier League outfit Leicester.
During his time as manager of Celtic, Rodgers won the Scottish Premiership title twice, the Scottish Cup twice, and the Scottish League Cup thrice.
Superb scenes and noise at Villa Park!!! Well done Villa Fair chance Brendan wished he stayed at Celtic…— Chris Sutton (@chris_sutton73) January 28, 2020
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups